Friday, January 30, 2009

Growing up

Evelyn's nursery is just about done! Just a couple more decorations for the barren walls! It's a sweet little cowgirl's room!

This week, after the snow and ice melted, we took Evelyn to her new daycare so she could experience it a little bit before we both have to return to work next week. Actually, it was more for us than her. On our first day we dropped her off and then I cried the whole way home. I just couldn't believe I was going to leave my little girl in the hands of some strangers. But, my wonderful husband kept me distracted with a special breakfast with friends and then some errands. Before we knew it, it was 2pm (our per-determined goal) and we ran to go pick her up. And wouldn't you know it, our little girl was still happy and didn't seem to be holding any grudges against us for leaving her there for the day! This morning went a little better and I managed to keep dry eyes all day. I know Monday morning is still going to be difficult, but this gives me a little more peace of mind knowing she is in good hands! :)

Monica has some major static cling!

1 comment:

Harkreader Family said...

LOVE the Monica picture!! She is styling!!