Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just-a-swingin'










Over Christmas I discovered that our little girl loves motion! Of course this was discovery was made when the only thing that would soothe the little one was someone holding her and having to bounce and swing her in their arms non-stop! Then my wonderful sister mentioned that she had a swing in her garage that was passed down from our oldest sister that I could use and see if Miss Evelyn would like it. I was so excited to get home and put it together since she would certainly love the wonderful motion the swing could provide. And I was right! Evelyn instantly loved the rocking motion and would often fall asleep in the beloved new swing.




Well, right after Shaun's return from the desert our precious swing's motor went caput!! How could this be?! It's only 10 years old?! :) Knowing now that the swing was often the true "pacifier" of the house, Shaun and I instantly went on a quest to find a replacement. We ended up with the Fisher-Price Little Lamb swing and she loves this one just as much. It's a bit fancier than the original, but well worth it!!! Shaun has been quoted saying "I would pay off the national debt for this thing." Our swing is that much of a treasure to us!

No comments: